People who work in construction are exposed to a variety of environmental challenges. Here are just a few:
- The site may be in a remote area.
- Rough treatment can damage frail smartphones.
- Workers are exposed to dirt, dust, wind, rain, and mud; all are hostile to the workings of smartphones.
- Surrounding noise from construction machinery can drown out telephone conversation.
- Telephones are frequently dropped on hard surfaces.
- Bright sunlight can “wash out” the smartphone’s screen.
- Many smartphones cannot use applications unique to construction, personnel for planning, executing and following up on a project’s progress.
Runbo Communication Devices offer the following features to combat the effects of the construction environment:
1. Rugged Case:
- Scratch proof touch screens resist deep scratches that obscure screen sharpness.
- Tough device construction resists crushing or puncturing the protective case and damaging the electronics.
- Case has rubber grips for easy handling.
- Large keypad can be operated even when wearing gloves.
2. Rugged Touch Screen:
- Bright screen overcomes the brightness of the sun.
- Scratchproof glass protects touchscreen from scratches.
3. Facilitates Oral Communication:
- Powerful telephone receiver with adjustable volume control easily increases volume to “punch” through loud background noise.
- External loudspeaker has adjustable volume to serve as a conference phone. The volume control can be adjusted so several people can hear the conversation.
- The external speakers are loud enough to overcome most background noise levels, making it possible to use the “walkie-talkie” feature on the job site.
4. Smartphone’s Mini-Computer Features:
- Uses apps designed for construction workers:
- Time clock functions
- Planning tools
- Reporting tools
- Provides real-reporting apps to eliminate client/construction contract issues due to misunderstanding
- Runbo’s Communication Devices are priced so every member of your construction team can be linked for “instant communication.”
- Increased safety through reliable communication streams.
- Efficient communication saves time and money coordinating the crew on the site.
- Instant “push to talk” feature ensures quick responses to dangerous situations.
- Instant communication allows supervisors to find specific employees quickly.
- Instant response allows supervisors to instruct their construction team(s) to act quickly in dangerous situations to protect workers’ safety on the site.
- Runbo’s devices use the latest 4G wireless functions. They also employ the “Walkie-Talkie Instant Communication” feature for construction site communication where allowed by local regulations.